The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 10 hours ago