Throughout their mostly concurrent terms in office, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President Ronald Reagan were titans for liberty, close friends and staunch ideological allies. Together, they helped relegate the Soviets' "evil empire" to the ash heap of history; separately, they employed conservative fiscal policies to rejuvenate flagging economies on both sides of the pond. These irrepressible forces have now both left our world, which they changed for the better.
In 1989, Reagan
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: Sink loss “devastating” for Democrats, was driven by ObamaCare Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 5 hours ago