Throughout their mostly concurrent terms in office, Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and President Ronald Reagan were titans for liberty, close friends and staunch ideological allies. Together, they helped relegate the Soviets' "evil empire" to the ash heap of history; separately, they employed conservative fiscal policies to rejuvenate flagging economies on both sides of the pond. These irrepressible forces have now both left our world, which they changed for the better.
In 1989, Reagan
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 8 hours ago