In the wake of Friday's ghastly events in Connecticut, many Americans -- politicians and pundits especially -- have added their voices to the "do something" chorus. This impulse is understandable. It's human. Twenty-six innocent victims are dead, the majority of them precious young children. The desire to help, to act, to fix can be overwhelming. The president, a father of two young girls, has played the role of grief-counselor-in-chief in recent days; at times, he's barely managed to suppress his sadness and maintain his composure during public statements. Pressure is now mounting on him to prominently champion new gun...
In response to:
That F&F program was how they strategized to get control of guns in the US. They were going to use that to justify riding roughshod over gun shows, gun sales, ammo sales, etc. It blew up in their faces so now this silly creature Lanza gives him his Crisis that shouldn't be wasted.
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Poll showing GOP favorability nearly even with Dems met with furious spinning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Wow: 62% of Republicans support sending ground troops into Iraq and Syria Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: AQ’s competition with ISIS means renewed focus on hitting US Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago