On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Yeah, like it PAID Romney himself when he was doing his mission work overseas -- A WHOLE $100 A MONTH -- Wow! What a scam, huh? Tithing, by the way, certainly is philanthropy, according to both the US Government -- even under President Obama! -- the Chronicle of Philanthropy, and every major philanthropic organization in America. But, of course, you might know better than all of them. It's as simple as this -- LOTS of churches tell their congregations to tithe. Most of these congregants do not anyway. Even churches that "require" it do not typically withhold membership if you say you cannot. In fact, I attended a Mormon church more than once and I was NEVER a Mormon, let alone a "tithing" Mormon!
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 24 mins ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 1 hour ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago