On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Yeah, like it PAID Romney himself when he was doing his mission work overseas -- A WHOLE $100 A MONTH -- Wow! What a scam, huh? Tithing, by the way, certainly is philanthropy, according to both the US Government -- even under President Obama! -- the Chronicle of Philanthropy, and every major philanthropic organization in America. But, of course, you might know better than all of them. It's as simple as this -- LOTS of churches tell their congregations to tithe. Most of these congregants do not anyway. Even churches that "require" it do not typically withhold membership if you say you cannot. In fact, I attended a Mormon church more than once and I was NEVER a Mormon, let alone a "tithing" Mormon!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 5 hours ago