On Friday, as Kevin and Guy both noted, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney released his 2011 tax returns to the American public. Not only did we learn that the former Massachusetts governor paid taxes every single year since 1990, thus discrediting the Senate Majority Leader’s preposterous accusations, but he also paid $2 million in taxes last year alone and gave about $4 million (or nearly 30% of his annual income) to charity. In any case, now that we have these new figures, which presidential candidate paid the highest tax rate and gave the...
Yeah, like it PAID Romney himself when he was doing his mission work overseas -- A WHOLE $100 A MONTH -- Wow! What a scam, huh? Tithing, by the way, certainly is philanthropy, according to both the US Government -- even under President Obama! -- the Chronicle of Philanthropy, and every major philanthropic organization in America. But, of course, you might know better than all of them. It's as simple as this -- LOTS of churches tell their congregations to tithe. Most of these congregants do not anyway. Even churches that "require" it do not typically withhold membership if you say you cannot. In fact, I attended a Mormon church more than once and I was NEVER a Mormon, let alone a "tithing" Mormon!
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 28 mins ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago