The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
First of all, tax RATES do not reflect how much we pay in taxes. Tax freedom day is a more accurate measure of how much we pay in taxes. In 62, the tax freedom date was 10 April. Now it is 17 April. If you Democrats have your way, it will be much later. You see, in '63, people didn't pay the 91% tax. They structured their income to avoid the tax. Kennedy KNEW that lowering taxes would increase revenue -- and it did. In fact, we have seen over and over again that RAISING TAXES DECREASES REVENUE. But you Democrats are not really interested in revenue or facts. All you are interested in is the politics of envy.
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014