The American left and our "objective" journalists -- same thing, I know -- are not helping the nation balance its budget. As usual, these partisan hacks are obsessed with tearing the Republican coalition apart,...
First of all, tax RATES do not reflect how much we pay in taxes. Tax freedom day is a more accurate measure of how much we pay in taxes. In 62, the tax freedom date was 10 April. Now it is 17 April. If you Democrats have your way, it will be much later. You see, in '63, people didn't pay the 91% tax. They structured their income to avoid the tax. Kennedy KNEW that lowering taxes would increase revenue -- and it did. In fact, we have seen over and over again that RAISING TAXES DECREASES REVENUE. But you Democrats are not really interested in revenue or facts. All you are interested in is the politics of envy.
The conventional wisdom has emerged that in order to avoid the so-called "fiscal cliff," politicians in Washington must agree to some method of tax increases ("revenue") -- which will be real, even if low taxes are not the cause of our ills -- alongside some kind of promise of spending restraint on entitlement programs, which is our problem, and which no one believes Washington will restrain.
- Scarborough: Golfing after that statement on ISIS shows terrorists that Obama’s one cold bastard Allahpundit 40 mins ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Sen. Rob Portman, Michael Caspino Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- That ISIS guy who promised to raise Islamic flag over the White House? He’s dead Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Remembering James Foley and his work Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago