"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Navette: They cannot manufacture 21st century dishwashers, much less 21st century weapons. Besides, if we will ever allow the US to use its own energy resources, their glory days will be over. They are completely dependent on oil sales. And the US has more oil than Saudi Arabia because of advances in oil drilling and recovery technology. Simply put, we will no longer need their oil. And when that happens, they will go back to riding camels.
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 16 hours ago