"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Navette: They cannot manufacture 21st century dishwashers, much less 21st century weapons. Besides, if we will ever allow the US to use its own energy resources, their glory days will be over. They are completely dependent on oil sales. And the US has more oil than Saudi Arabia because of advances in oil drilling and recovery technology. Simply put, we will no longer need their oil. And when that happens, they will go back to riding camels.
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 16 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 18 hours ago