"After Moammar Gadhafi's downfall as Libya's tyrannical ruler, politicians and 'experts' in the U.S. and elsewhere, including French Foreign Minister Alain Juppe, are saying that his death marked the end of 42 years of tyranny and the beginning of democracy in Libya. Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del., said Gadhafi's death represented an opportunity for Libya to make a peaceful and responsible transition to democracy. House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, said, 'Now it is time for Libya's Transitional National Council to show the world that it will respect the rights of all...
Navette: They cannot manufacture 21st century dishwashers, much less 21st century weapons. Besides, if we will ever allow the US to use its own energy resources, their glory days will be over. They are completely dependent on oil sales. And the US has more oil than Saudi Arabia because of advances in oil drilling and recovery technology. Simply put, we will no longer need their oil. And when that happens, they will go back to riding camels.
Here's the first paragraph of my last year's column "Democracy Is Impossible":
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 5 hours ago