Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Absolutely right. Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to run a small internet business if you had to keep up with the tax codes of all 50 states?
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 12 hours ago