Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Absolutely right. Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to run a small internet business if you had to keep up with the tax codes of all 50 states?
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Canada’s Sergeant at Arms gets standing ovation after shooting terrorist while wearing tails Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Poll: Republican gubernatorial candidate up two points in…Illinois? Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New Ebola case in NYC Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Obama: Hey Georgia, do me a solid and elect Michelle Nunn Guy Benson 9 hours ago
- FBI warns ISIS trying to kidnap journalists abroad Noah Rothman 9 hours ago