Last week, media outlets reported that several Republican governors are pushing an Internet sales tax on purchases from popular online retailers, including Amazon and eBay, in effort to shore up their state budgets. This effort is being led by New Jersey...
Absolutely right. Can you imagine the nightmare of trying to run a small internet business if you had to keep up with the tax codes of all 50 states?
Your taxes are about to be raised; and guess who’s behind it. Here’s a clue – it’s not the Democrats. Despite all the talk about reducing the size and scope of government during their campaigns, and railing against President Barack Obama’s proposed tax hikes, a number of Republican governors are advocating for a sales tax on Internet sales.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 9 hours ago