I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Dbeaux: Question -- Which candidate is pro-tarp, pro-bailout, pro-stimulus, pro-qe, pro-socialized medicine, pro-abortion, pro-homosexual agenda, for increasing taxes, for increasing spending, for "fixing" the "plight" of illegal immigrants, for raising the minimum wage, pro-patriot act, anti-gun and has a history of appointing liberal activist judges. Answer -- both Romney and Obama.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 43 mins ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NYT: Daniel Inouye was the senator who told Kirsten Gillibrand that he likes his girls chubby Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Blair: The West had better not rule out ground troops Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Among us: Officials confirm American ISIS fighters have returned to United States Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Buzzfeed finds more lifted text in Mary Burke’s campaign; Update: Burke: Hey, no biggie Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago