I say we're best off if government just leaves us alone to our peaceful cooperation with whomever we please. Let politicians advocate moral behavior. Let them give to charities. But leave government -- which is physical force -- out of it....
Dbeaux: Question -- Which candidate is pro-tarp, pro-bailout, pro-stimulus, pro-qe, pro-socialized medicine, pro-abortion, pro-homosexual agenda, for increasing taxes, for increasing spending, for "fixing" the "plight" of illegal immigrants, for raising the minimum wage, pro-patriot act, anti-gun and has a history of appointing liberal activist judges. Answer -- both Romney and Obama.
All political candidates call themselves freedom-lovers, but they are not. Neither major party really opposes government control of the economy or of our personal lives. I'm a libertarian because I see the false choice offered by political left and right: Democrats talk about personal liberty; Republicans talk about economic freedom. But what they do once in power belies their words.
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 7 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 16 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 46 mins ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 2 hours ago