We all know that the sheet anchor of our liberties is the Declaration of Independence. The president himself quoted Thomas Jefferson's most famous line in his inaugural address earlier this week. He recognized that all men and women are created equal and endowed...
On another site, an author makes the argument that the 2nd Amendment is superfluous because we have already given up all of our rights. We accept a government that spies on us, claims the right to kill us at any time, stifles free speech, steals from us, invades our homes, monitors our finances, reads our emails and listens to our telephone conversations. In other words, we have submitted to tyranny, so why do we need guns? Obviously, we are not going to use them to fight the tyrants. This author predicts, and probably correctly, that most people will meekly give up their guns when required to do so.
Here is an uncomfortable pop quiz: Who has killed more children, Adam Lanza or Barack Obama? We'll hold off on the answer for a few paragraphs while we look at the state of governmental excess -- including killing -- in America. But you can probably guess the correct answer from the manner in which I have posed the question.
- 72-Hour ceasefire in Gaza lasted just 90 minutes Noah Rothman 19 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Ebola: First case coming to America Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds Gov. Scott Walker’s signature Act 10 in its entirety Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is Romney poised for a comeback? Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Baffling gun-control ad from Mike Bloomberg’s group draws inevitable response Allahpundit 12 hours ago