There is something to be said for both sides of the question. Clearly, letting people escape public schools is going to give them a better education and a better life. But there is also a danger that The Dept of Ed will use vouchers as an excuse to ruin the private schools. If that happens, then NO ONE gets a decent education. The best thing to do is to rid ourselves of the Dept of Ed and then do away with all "public" schools.
Nearly two years ago, U.S. News & World Report came out with a story titled "Educators Implicated in Atlanta Cheating Scandal." It reported that "for 10 years, hundreds of Atlanta public school teachers and principals changed answers on state tests in one of the largest cheating scandals in U.S. history." More than three-quarters of the 56 Atlanta schools investigated had cheated on the National Assessment of Educational Progress test, sometimes called the national report card. Cheating orders came from school administrators and included brazen acts such as teachers reading answers aloud during the test and erasing incorrect answers. One teacher told...
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 19 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago