There is something to be said for both sides of the question. Clearly, letting people escape public schools is going to give them a better education and a better life. But there is also a danger that The Dept of Ed will use vouchers as an excuse to ruin the private schools. If that happens, then NO ONE gets a decent education. The best thing to do is to rid ourselves of the Dept of Ed and then do away with all "public" schools.
Nearly two years ago, U.S. News & World Report came out with a story titled "Educators Implicated in Atlanta Cheating Scandal." It reported that "for 10 years, hundreds of Atlanta public school teachers and principals changed answers on state tests in one of the largest cheating scandals in U.S. history." More than three-quarters of the 56 Atlanta schools investigated had cheated on the National Assessment of Educational Progress test, sometimes called the national report card. Cheating orders came from school administrators and included brazen acts such as teachers reading answers aloud during the test and erasing incorrect answers. One teacher told...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 3 hours ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 5 hours ago