How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
I would add a further amendment giving states the authority to impeach federal officials operating within their boundaries and, in the case of federal officials who operate in multiple states, a simple majority of the states over which they have jurisdiction could impeach. In other words, states could impeach federal judges and even the President. If 26 states thought the President ought to go, he would be impeached. Trial would still be in the Senate, but it would give the states big guns.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago