How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Of Course it is a bad idea. It should be repealed along with the 16th.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- “Russia has not invaded Ukraine,” and other great moments in Russian propaganda Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Trump to buy the Buffalo Bills? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul: Let’s get this straight — I’m not for containing Iran Allahpundit 7 hours ago