Rove's big money spending last year, which was similarly designed to help only Establishment candidates, especially if they had defeated a real conservative in the primary, was notoriously unsuccessful. Of the 31 races that Rove aired TV ads, Republicans won only...
The grassroots have been trying to get control of the GOP since AuH2O. After 50 years of failure, you'd think that people would have figured out that it is never going to work. Imagine if during those 50 years we had spent the effort to build a truly conservative party. Look, we ALL know conservatives are NEVER going to take over the GOP. We know that if we want a conservative party, we are going to have to build one. The sooner we get to work building it, the better for our country. It is time to jettison the GOP.
Karl Rove has declared war on grassroots conservatives and Tea Parties. Rove, who had the richest super PAC in 2012 (American Crossroads, which reportedly spent $300 million in the 2012 election cycle), has started a new fund called Conservative Victory Project to spend big bucks in the 2014 Republican primaries to defeat Republican candidates not approved by the Establishment.
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Rise of Ebola and terrorism a perfect storm for the GOP? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago