It will work beautifully, disenfranchising all of us GOP voters. WE won't be voting, folks. If the GOP establishment actually believes they even have a chance in 2014 after their behavior since 2010, they are insane. The democrats will re-take the House in 2014, and will wipe the floor in the Senate, and it will be because of folks like me. That conservative, grass roots voter, who has systematically been insulted and ignored for years. And quite frankly? Doesn't bother me at all. I believed the hype about voting for the GOP no matter what, because the alternative was worse. Yeah, right. Not playing that game again, and neither are millions of other previous GOP voters. So go ahead! We will be busy on election day.
The very quotable British novelist Samuel Butler observed that, “Self-preservation is the first law of nature.” Reports coming from Washington seem to show that this instinct is increasingly demonstrated in a very short-sighted set of actions by institutional Republicans in light of recent successes where grassroots held their elected representatives’ feet to the fire; a fire fueled by the party platform.
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Video: C’mon, America, let’s ban the word “bossy” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS, partly due to “liberal bias” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: CPAC review, Lisa De Pasquale Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ron Paul: Crimea has the right to join Russia, and U.S. sanctions would be “criminal” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago