The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
How about a sign that says..... BEING BAY IS NOT A CIVIL RIGHT, IT'S A SEXUAL PREFERENCE.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 3 hours ago