Regardless of one’s position on the High Court’s infamous decision forty years ago today to legalize abortion “[a]t any stage of pregnancy, for any reason,” most Americans -- not to mention legal scholars and academics -- recognize that Roe is bad Constitutional law. Nevertheless, support for the controversial ruling has reached an all-time high, at least according to a new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll:
Forty years after the Supreme Court legalized abortion in its Roe v. Wade decision, seven out of 10 Americans support the groundbreaking rulings, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 38 mins ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 3 hours ago