Joe Weisberg, who worked for more than three years at the CIA, first wrote a script about two CIA case officers stationed in Bulgaria. Fox bought that script,...
How about a series on Nathan Sharansky? Alexander Solzhenitsyn? How about a series on the Ukrainian forced collectivization of the kulaks which led to the death of 10's of millions ? How about a series on the building of the White Sea Canal with slave labor? How about a series on the Stalin Purges? How about a series on the Hitler-Stalin pact? How about a series on anything thats ACTUAL history? I think I know why- this stuff IS NOT taught so it isnt relevant. We have a school syytem abetted by the media that loves fantasies of leftist success stories while ignoring brutal reality. Orwell was so correct.
In August, Rupert Murdoch's FX picked up a Cold War series set in the 1980s titled "The Americans." Liberals might have braced themselves for the worst. It sounded like some kind of Chuck Norris-style "jingoistic" homage to freedom-loving intelligence agents. But this is Hollywood, so the show instead focuses on KGB spies who speak perfect English, working to destroy Reagan-era America, which is not altogether a bad thing to people in Hollywood.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago