Not going to argue with you. Yes, the war is very profitable for the police state. But make no mistake where the drug cartels are on this issue. They are very against legalization, even with medicinal marijuana here. If I were them, I would be sending boat loads of cash to politicians in the US to keep drugs here illegal. I would pay thousands to flood social media and news sites with propoganda discouraging the legalization of drugs. If we were to follow the money, I am sure we might find a few bucks went to these drug "warriors" on capital hill. The cartels and those politicians see eye to eye on this issue.
For more well more than half of this nation's history we did not have laws dictating what people could eat, drink, or smoke in the privacy of their own homes. Please, do tell of the horrors and dangers of our country during those times without such laws. The Drug War as a Socialist Enterprise by Milton Friedman. And yet Republicans are the last bastion of support: http://www.druglibrary.org/special/friedman/socialist.htm
Let me go on record and say that this author's position on marijuana is the same position that Los Zetas, La Familia, Knights Templar, the Sinaloa cartel, the Juarez cartel, Beltran Leyva, and the Tijuana cartel have on the marijuana issue. They all want to keep prohibition alive. Let me state that again: their collective position on this issue is in lockstep with one another. Now I'm not insinuating that these murderous beasts are paying his pay check, or matching his contributions to his 401(k) - - no sir. They actually get his support for free.
It is horrible, and to be expected from your political enemies, the democrats. What really takes the wind out of the sails, though, is when the "conservatives" you voted for also perpetuate the unfettered growth of government, regulation, and the theft of our privacy and liberty.
“Whose interests are served by the drug war? The U.S. government enforces a drug cartel. The major beneficiaries from drug prohibition are the drug lords, who can maintain a cartel that they would be unable to maintain without current government policy.” - - Milton Friedman

Things Fall Apart

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 24, 2014 12:38 PM
Say what? Who is antisemetic on this board? Most of the people on this board love Israel. Israel is an astounding country. They single handedly defeated all of their attackers when they were invaded enmass back in 1948, 1967, and again in 1973. Israel might be the only country and ally of ours on the face of the earth to have been at war three times in the past 50 years without the assistance of 1 US soldier. I love Israel - - they take care of their own stuff and don't ask for any American blood to fight their wars.

Things Fall Apart

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 24, 2014 11:58 AM
When I grew up in the 70s and 80s, I was lucky that my family had cable so I could watch and record the show Wings. I believe it was on the Discovery channel (and I am not talking about the sitcom Wings, but the fighter jet documentary series). While watching wings I became enthralled with Randy "Duke" Cunningham, the Vietnam Ace who shot down more MIGs than any other pilot in the war. He sort of became my hero. I followed his career to the House of Representatives, representing a conservative district in the San Diego area. And then my hero took bribes and made shady deals with defense contractors in return for steering business to the defense contractors. The Duke just got out of prison last year, and is now a convicted felon. This is the same military that wasted tax payer money on the B-2, Osprey, F-22 engines that may as well be plated in gold, the F-35 which reportedly would get spanked in a dog fight with a Mig-21 (look it up). Indeed, the military deserves inclusion in this list.

Things Fall Apart

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 24, 2014 9:41 AM
"Even Joe Biden calls LaGuardia a 'Third World' airport." Yes, I do find agreement with the left from time to time.

Things Fall Apart

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 24, 2014 9:40 AM
"We borrow from Japan and Europe to defend Japan and Europe, though World War II has been over for 70 years." Nailed it.

Why Republicans Don't Get It

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 23, 2014 11:05 AM
I don't think that it had much to do with his tax returns. Romney lost because many Republicans viewed him as too moderate. I despite what a commenter said below, I do know of some Christian conservatives who would not vote for him because he is a Mormon. I think the vast majority of people, however, viewed him as being out of touch with the American people. He did not endear himself to independent voters - independents supported Obama by significant margins over Romneu. Obama's weak economic recovery was enough for some people to give him a pass. The stock market also rebounded and was up about 90% from when Obama took office until he went. Let me make it clear that I think Obama was a beneficiary of market forces that were not of his doing, and without question Romney was the better choice. But Romney doesn't bring any fresh ideas or inject any enthusiasm into his party, much less the rest of the masses.

Why Republicans Don't Get It

Conchfritters Wrote: Oct 22, 2014 6:06 PM
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - - Thomas Jefferson