Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 2:22 PM
Yes - Federalism!! I believe this is what the founders envisioned when it came to the various States as laboratories of democracy. Republicans should support what has happened in Colorado and Washington because it is what the people decided - there weren't court decisions that over turned previous laws. I will defend Colorado's decision to make pot legal, just as I would defend Mississippi if they never make it legal.

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:37 PM
One caveat - - democrats are just as opposed to legalization as the Republicans. Look at the Governor of Colorado. But it fits their narrative that they should control every last thing that a person eats, drinks, smokes, or otherwise puts in their body. And to them there is no privacy - - the government has the absolute right to control every activity that goes on in your own home, and on your property.
The Taliban does not fund itself primarily by heroin. Before the Taliban came to power, Afghanistan was the largest heroin producing country in the world. After they came to power, the eliminated the production and killed anyone who grew poppies. Today they are out of power, and President Kharzi's brother runs the heroin trade, and Afghanistan is again the #1 producer of this stuff in the world.

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 1:11 PM
"One study found that teenagers who smoked marijuana daily developed abnormal brain structure." How about a study of teenagers who drink booze on a daily basis? What do you think the results would be? My mama always told me "Everything in moderation".

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 12:59 PM
Thank you for the quote from Bill Bennett. May I submit another quote from the equally conservative Bill Buckley: "Narcotics police are an enormous, corrupt international bureaucracy ... and now fund a coterie of researchers who provide them with 'scientific support' ... fanatics who distort the legitimate research of others. ... The anti-marijuana campaign is a cancerous tissue of lies, undermining law enforcement, aggravating the drug problem, depriving the sick of needed help, and suckering well-intentioned conservatives and countless frightened parents." -- William F. Buckley, Commentary in The National Review, April 29, 1983, p. 495

Marijuana vs. Scotch and a Low IQ

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 12:50 PM
Frank Sinatra style.

ISIS 'A National Security Threat'

Conchfritters Wrote: Aug 21, 2014 12:45 PM
Our national debt is a much greater national security threat than ISIS.
"somewhere a klan rally is missing it's grand wizard." Yup, his name was Robert Bird (D) Senator from West Virginia. He died in 2010.
We're Americans, we are above that kind of barbarism. But if we give the Kurds some flamethrowers and they decide to BBQ some ISIS soldiers, it is none of my business.
Look no further than St Louis, where some in the media are trying to make the story about them. I saw a video of one of the riots down there, and I could of sworn that I saw two or three reporters for every looter on the street. The local paper in Dusseldorf Germany has a freaking reporter down there now.
Call me a coward, but if I were approached by my employer magazine/newspaper and asked to fly to Syria to cover a muslim civil war, I wouldn't have hesitated to say - - "No thanks". I got into an argument with the Mrs last night over this, as many people like her consider this journalist, and others like him to travel to war zones, as brave. I told her the guy is bat$#%t crazy. But Rest In Peace. No one deserves to die like that.