After a comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in June, President Obama says he's "absolutely confident" it can pass the House if put to a vote.
But critics question how many lawmakers have actually read the 1,200-page bill, which they say is packed with hidden pork-barrel spending projects ranging from $1.5 billion for a "Youth Jobs Program" to millions for immigrant support groups that some say have a political agenda.
"Earmarks, special pork deals, and...
Great news everyone. The Gang of 8 "comprehensive" immigration reform package is turning out just like every other gigantic bill the Senate passes: chock full of pork.
- Zuckerberg: U.S. government is a threat to the Internet Mary Katharine Ham 28 minutes ago
- Kerry: I’m approaching the Keystone XL pipeline with a totally blank slate Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- The government doesn’t know how many empty buildings it owns — just that they’re costing us billions Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- WSJ/NBC poll: Americans now think sugar is a bigger health threat than marijuana Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Former Republican governor of California invites you to crush things in his tank Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Markey: Natural gas exports, grow the economy? Pish tosh! Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago