After a comprehensive immigration bill passed the Senate in June, President Obama says he's "absolutely confident" it can pass the House if put to a vote.
But critics question how many lawmakers have actually read the 1,200-page bill, which they say is packed with hidden pork-barrel spending projects ranging from $1.5 billion for a "Youth Jobs Program" to millions for immigrant support groups that some say have a political agenda.
"Earmarks, special pork deals, and...
Great news everyone. The Gang of 8 "comprehensive" immigration reform package is turning out just like every other gigantic bill the Senate passes: chock full of pork.
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 12 hours ago