During a hearing Monday on the 20-week abortion ban in Texas, State Senator Bob Deuell, MD held up a pair of baby shoes to represent the unborn children aborted every day.
Deuell’s bold move was effective because his simple display of the small shoes perhaps said more than State Senator Wendy Davis did in her 11-hour filibuster against the pro-life bill. The symbol was also appropriate, considering at 18 to 20 weeks some mothers can already feel their baby kick.
Bob Deuell has taken the lead on pro-life bills for years, including the
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 5 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago