Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
One point: Remember how far we've come already. In the '80's, we had Rush Limbaugh in the media. Now we have Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge, TownHall, and an army of conservative talk radio and news pundits. The leftist cable networks and news sources take bigger and bigger hits in consumers all the time. We've made a LOT of inroads in the last 30 years or so. It's a LONG TERM WAR. Don't be discouraged by defeat: retreat where necessary, ambush when you can. Wear down the enemy. That's how guerillas fight.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 11 hours ago