Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
One point: Remember how far we've come already. In the '80's, we had Rush Limbaugh in the media. Now we have Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge, TownHall, and an army of conservative talk radio and news pundits. The leftist cable networks and news sources take bigger and bigger hits in consumers all the time. We've made a LOT of inroads in the last 30 years or so. It's a LONG TERM WAR. Don't be discouraged by defeat: retreat where necessary, ambush when you can. Wear down the enemy. That's how guerillas fight.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago