Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
One point: Remember how far we've come already. In the '80's, we had Rush Limbaugh in the media. Now we have Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge, TownHall, and an army of conservative talk radio and news pundits. The leftist cable networks and news sources take bigger and bigger hits in consumers all the time. We've made a LOT of inroads in the last 30 years or so. It's a LONG TERM WAR. Don't be discouraged by defeat: retreat where necessary, ambush when you can. Wear down the enemy. That's how guerillas fight.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago