Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
One point: Remember how far we've come already. In the '80's, we had Rush Limbaugh in the media. Now we have Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge, TownHall, and an army of conservative talk radio and news pundits. The leftist cable networks and news sources take bigger and bigger hits in consumers all the time. We've made a LOT of inroads in the last 30 years or so. It's a LONG TERM WAR. Don't be discouraged by defeat: retreat where necessary, ambush when you can. Wear down the enemy. That's how guerillas fight.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 41 minutes ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago