According to CNS News, the Department of Public Instruction in Wisconsin is “instructing” its white volunteers for VISTA to do a bit of self examination before they go to work with impoverished people of color. And apparently a good dose of guilt is what the department has in mind. (Never mind the ominous, Orwellian ring that the name “Department of Public Instruction” has to it.) The DPI apparently wants to raise its volunteers awareness that they are white and thus privileged, and should apparently be ashamed of it. How that builds espirit de corps, I don’t know. Depressed,...
My daughter came home from school one day and said, "Today we learned that we shouldn't judge people based on how they look." I said, "Well, that depends. Is it right for me to treat someone differently if he has different-colored skin than me?" "No." "But if I'm a cop, and someone dresses, acts and talks like a gangbanger, I should probably expect him to be one, right? Or I could get hurt." "OK." "So the lesson is, honey, don't treat someone different based on something they can't control. But you can absolutely pass judgment based on a person's presentation and demeanor." Oh, darn, am I short circuiting the liberal indoctrination by pointing out the half-truths? What a rotten father I am.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 10 hours ago