WASHINGTON -- Full disclosure right upfront: I'm a proud life member of the National Rifle Association. I am on the NRA's board of directors and serve as chairman of the organization's Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee. I have owned and used firearms most of my life, and I can read. Unlike some in Washington, I don't believe that the 27 words above -- the Second Amendment of our Constitution -- have...
What the leftists in government fail to understand is that the ability of sick people to kill innocents is limited only by their imaginations. Were we able to wave a magic wand and disarm all the criminally insane and the criminally violent, we'd start seeing ANFO bombs blowing up schools, or chlorine gas bombs, or propane tank bombs. Sickos would be loading a car with cheaply and easily produced or readily available explosives and lots of shrapnel, then drive the car through a classroom wall into a room full of school kids, and detonating themselves. We CANNOT legislate away the ability to murder. What we CAN do is lock up people who are sick enough to WANT to commit these types of crimes.
(SET ITAL) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (END ITAL)
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago