WASHINGTON -- Full disclosure right upfront: I'm a proud life member of the National Rifle Association. I am on the NRA's board of directors and serve as chairman of the organization's Military and Veterans' Affairs Committee. I have owned and used firearms most of my life, and I can read. Unlike some in Washington, I don't believe that the 27 words above -- the Second Amendment of our Constitution -- have...
What the leftists in government fail to understand is that the ability of sick people to kill innocents is limited only by their imaginations. Were we able to wave a magic wand and disarm all the criminally insane and the criminally violent, we'd start seeing ANFO bombs blowing up schools, or chlorine gas bombs, or propane tank bombs. Sickos would be loading a car with cheaply and easily produced or readily available explosives and lots of shrapnel, then drive the car through a classroom wall into a room full of school kids, and detonating themselves. We CANNOT legislate away the ability to murder. What we CAN do is lock up people who are sick enough to WANT to commit these types of crimes.
(SET ITAL) A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. (END ITAL)
- Whistleblower cop in Scott Walker accusations paying a heavy price Jazz Shaw 32 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 15 hours ago