A bold endeavor to be sure, but opponents of the plan ought not sell Bobby Jindal short. He's already shepherded two sweeping reform packages into state law, he's earned high marks for exhibiting extraordinary leadership during a series of natural disasters along the Gulf Coast, and he was essentially re-elected by acclamation in 2011 -- carrying 66 percent of the vote. Louisiana's can-do governor has now fixed his sights on uprooting the state's tax code and replacing it with an entirely new system. Go...
In response to:
National sales tax: the ultimate in fair taxation. Mark Zuckerberg wants to buy a yacht? Fine and dandy! He pays taxes on it! He wants to build a mansion? He pays taxes on the goods and services used! Not too many rich people ever put their money in their mattress. It's usually invested in infrastructure and jobs to produce more money.
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Video: How does the president’s tone help solve the problem? Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Obama’s law professor: There’s a “very high risk” that a federal court is going to gut ObamaCare Allahpundit 17 hours ago