You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
So you would rather go back to when women and blacks couldn't vote? Or maybe not that far...when all the whites went running scared to the burbs and lived in cookie cutter homes to escape the inner city? Our nation has always had faults, but it is the people who are strong and stick with it to make it better that progress it. If you are sickened by it kill yourself or move out. Me I am not happy with it, but I will educate myself and do work in our community that matters. I will work with inner city people to empower them and do anything I can to help. No matter if I reach 1 or a million I will work to help, not just blab how I am sickened. Well I am sickened by your old generation who thinks it was better in "their day".
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 41 mins ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Thousands of American troops headed to Africa to fight… Ebola? Noah Rothman 4 hours ago