You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
So you would rather go back to when women and blacks couldn't vote? Or maybe not that far...when all the whites went running scared to the burbs and lived in cookie cutter homes to escape the inner city? Our nation has always had faults, but it is the people who are strong and stick with it to make it better that progress it. If you are sickened by it kill yourself or move out. Me I am not happy with it, but I will educate myself and do work in our community that matters. I will work with inner city people to empower them and do anything I can to help. No matter if I reach 1 or a million I will work to help, not just blab how I am sickened. Well I am sickened by your old generation who thinks it was better in "their day".
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Pope Francis: One year later Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Stupak: I got double-crossed on the contraception mandate Ed Morrissey 38 minutes ago
- MNSure asks for additional $12.5 million to fix website and call center Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal committee devising new dietary guidelines based on… climate change Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Loss in HHS contraception mandate case would “restrict access” for women Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago