There are two weeks remaining for Washington to take action before the George W. Bush tax cuts expire and...
It's sad that giving people a small tax incentive for charitable giving is now considered such a bad thing. Positive reinforcement works best. I'm taking my earned, taxed dollars and giving them to someone in need; in return I get a small break on my taxable income because a portion of my taxable income went to someone in need and not to myself. For those of us who make smaller incomes, and give smaller amounts, that little tax break may not seem like much (though it does to me). But for those who make infinitely more and have much higher tax liabilities, that tax break means a lot, and allows them to give more, which in turn, helps more who have a lot less.
(Post-publishing note: My wife, Gena, and I join the rest of the nation in mourning with and praying for the families and friends of the 20 children and six adults who lost their lives at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. We are so incredibly sorry for your loss, and want you to know it is for you and in honor of the precious souls of your loved ones that we continue to fight for a more peaceful, safe and charitable America.)
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: AFP launches ObamaCare attacks on four vulnerable Senate Dems Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- DoJ guidelines on Obama drug-war clemency: 10 years in prison minimum Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 3 hours ago