There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
actually, there is more problems with paper than the electronic pollbooks and ballots. At least on the electronic pollbook, I can see immediately if that voter has already been checked in to cast a ballot...I don't need to worry that they came back during my lunch break to visit the other person w/a paper pollbook, or if they did early/absentee voting, etc. The paper ballots also take hours upon hours to tally, and are more prone to human error, especially in larger precincts. Not to mention, it seems some precincts have had trouble with "finding" huge piles of (uncounted?) paper ballots in closets, car trunks, etc.
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago