There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Am thankful that I live in Virginia, as we recently passed a law requiring ID prior to voting. At the precinct I worked on 11/6, we checked in 2,640 registered voters by verifying them against their driver's license or voter registration card (or a very very VERY few of them by other means as outlined in the new voter ID law). We had a few people throw a fit because they never registered to vote once they moved to this precinct and were mad that they couldn't just register at the time of voting, and we had one guy run out of the building when asked to verify his story why he didn't have any of the acceptable forms of ID with him, before we even got a chance to explain how he could cast a provisional ballot.
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The Marysville school shooting was politicized in about, oh… three minutes Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago