I don't always agree with Slate's Dave Weigel, but his withering piece on the willful obsolescence of the White House press corps came to mind today as President Obama fielded questions about the sequester. Obama's initial remarks were filled with inaccuracies, misplaced blame and tendentious arguments -- but that's par for the course. The "question" and "answer" session was far more aggravating. Let's review the transcript and recount just a few reasons...
I was watching this being replayed while I waiting for my Big Mac today, and it occurred to me that no reporters had come to my house in January to ask how I was going to deal with a 6% cut in my income.
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 43 minutes ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Boehner: Yes, our lawsuit against Obama might include immigration Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Andrea Mitchell’s crisis of confidence in Obama Noah Rothman 4 hours ago