"the same kind of flexibility as the federal government in dealing with fewer revenues coming in.” E.G. firing up the printing presses at the US Mint??
President Obama's comments about the private sector "doing fine" reveal, above all, a candidate as unconcerned about private enterprise as he is unaware of the realities confronting both job-creators and job-seekers.
That, perhaps, is the worst of it. But if his entire statement is deconstructed, it also reveals some pretty remarkable insights into his world-view. Here's what he said:
"The private sector is doing fine.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- D.C. Circuit guts ObamaCare: Consumers in federal exchange are ineligible for subsidies Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- MSNBC: Say, that Hillary Clinton book tour was a big mistake, huh? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Never the commander-in-chief Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Kerry lands in Cairo as Hamas, Israel refuse cease fire Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- IRS: Hey, maybe we do have our e-mail backups Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago