Absolutely correct opinion! Rove spent the better part of seven years providing Bush with advice completely antithetical to responsible, good and efficient governance. Thus we have the FED run amok, the deep depression, the bailouts, the extravagant spending and all in an effort to garner phantom votes. Rove consistently misread the media and the demographics (regardless of his hand-held chalkboard) and continues in that blissful ignorance today.
During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago