1 - 9

Going over the Moral Cliff

COCitizen Wrote: Jan 23, 2013 1:02 AM
Mr. Youssef thinks as I do - repentance is the only answer we have left if we want the blessings of God again to pour out upon this nation. Our nation has sinned against God's words. Until we follow His words and He becomes the center of our lives and our nation, everything will keep spinning out of control. If He's not first in our hearts, it doesn't matter what else takes His place.
This reminds me of the time when my son, a 3rd grader, was called into the principal's office after another school employee overheard my son talking to another boy in line, saying, "We're going to beat you." Turns out they were leaving lunch for the playground and my son was declaring his intention on the basketball court. Fortunately, our Maryland principal was intelligent enough to understand semantics. Clearly Mt. Carmel School District does not.

Obama Ignores the Rational Answer

COCitizen Wrote: Jan 17, 2013 1:37 PM
I am in total agreement here! Many schools are "open" where there is a large space of grass between the classrooms and the administration offices. If someone were to hop a fence onto the grass, no one would be able to help those children except for the teacher. It only makes sense!

'Cooling Out' the Voters

COCitizen Wrote: Oct 30, 2012 12:54 AM
Its so very sad that getting the truth from our President has been so difficult for most of the past four years.
Mr. Mitchell has written a wonderful assessment of why this country needs Mitt Romney at this time. Every time I see the signs reading, "Forward," I think of a car going off a cliff. We need someone to steer us in the fiscally responsible direction, with all the hairpins and bumps in the road as known obstacles, not opportunities to putt around, pun intended.
I was informed by my brother, a true liberal, recently that any talk that is against the liberal agenda is racist, as "all of the world's most intellectual people are aware, but most conservatives are clueless." If we speak against gay marriage, abortion, affirmative action, food stamps, Muslims, and the like, we are racist, because "clearly we don't value each individual's choices to do what they want." For them, there is no right and wrong. Its all about having no responsibility for their choices. Chris Matthews clearly is playing by their rule book.

A Game of Semantics with the President

COCitizen Wrote: Oct 26, 2012 9:54 PM
The week before the 2008 election, I listened to Obama's rhetoric, and I didn't think it sounded all bad, and I was concerned that McCain was more liberal than I wanted him to be. So I prayed, and asked the Lord if I should vote for Obama, and clear as a bell this thought came into my head, "He lies." He didn't get my vote then and now I'm actively campaigning against him. He has proven over and over again since the day after he took office that he lies like no other American President I can remember, and Bill Clinton did a good job of taking that to a new low back in the 90's.

Obama in Cahoots With Known Terrorists

COCitizen Wrote: Oct 26, 2012 9:34 PM
This is what a real reporter does, digs and finds connections that inform the people. Thank you for this informative piece.

Who Really Cares About the Poor?

COCitizen Wrote: Oct 13, 2012 12:26 AM
I believe your basic premise but I disagree strongly with your 2 main obstacles to success. I believe the 1st obstacle is bad parenting. When a child doesn't even know the ABC's or how to write his first name when he enters kindergarten I wonder, what has a parent been doing for the first five years of their child's life? I understand there are those who are developmentally challenged but I also see parents who never read their child a bedtime story or know how to turn the TV off. Its their job to teach values that the schools spend time on when they should be focusing on the 3 R's. There are schools that excel. Use a tried and true curriculum and we'll see results like we used to have.
1 - 9