First off, Nazi analogies are obnoxious; they trivialize Adolf Hitler's atrocities. For his part, Burton is not above spewing hate himself. In a radio interview, he told KCBS' Doug Sovern that Republicans are likely to take his remarks as a compliment. Later in the day, Burton issued a statement that stipulated...
The Tax Policy study you're citing made assumptions based on the vague statements Romney has made about policy. With the lack of cuts programs, cut taxes for the rich and promise to reduce the deficit he has to raise taxes on the middle/working class to make this happen. Maybe you're right and the middle class tax raises won't happen. But then where is that money coming from? Don't get me wrong, Obama's plan is very vague as well and that's a problem as well, but his plan at least makes some sense. Also keep in mind that sharp austerity to cut the deficit WILL drag the economy. A lot. So if you push that position, keep that in mind.
"They lie, and they don't care if people think they lie," California Democratic Party Chairman John Burton told reporter Joe Garofoli before a state delegation breakfast Monday. Burton even brought up that "as long as you lie, Joseph Goebbels, the big lie, you keep repeating it, you know."
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago