First off, Nazi analogies are obnoxious; they trivialize Adolf Hitler's atrocities. For his part, Burton is not above spewing hate himself. In a radio interview, he told KCBS' Doug Sovern that Republicans are likely to take his remarks as a compliment. Later in the day, Burton issued a statement that stipulated...
The Tax Policy study you're citing made assumptions based on the vague statements Romney has made about policy. With the lack of cuts programs, cut taxes for the rich and promise to reduce the deficit he has to raise taxes on the middle/working class to make this happen. Maybe you're right and the middle class tax raises won't happen. But then where is that money coming from? Don't get me wrong, Obama's plan is very vague as well and that's a problem as well, but his plan at least makes some sense. Also keep in mind that sharp austerity to cut the deficit WILL drag the economy. A lot. So if you push that position, keep that in mind.
"They lie, and they don't care if people think they lie," California Democratic Party Chairman John Burton told reporter Joe Garofoli before a state delegation breakfast Monday. Burton even brought up that "as long as you lie, Joseph Goebbels, the big lie, you keep repeating it, you know."
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- VA: Actually, those secret wait lists did have something to do with the deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, Alexandra Jaffe, Eliana Johnson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politics of man who sought to firebomb black congressman’s office won’t surprise you Noah Rothman 3 hours ago