Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We are a country of "CONSUMERS" required to participate in this system that rewards the ultra weathy, or else our economy collapses. If we participate, we stay on the treadmill of debt! It is that simple. Understanding the FIAT currency system we are in makes it easy to understand the peril we are now in. Money backed by nothing, printed with debt attached and no way to ever get out of debt is the biggest ponzi scheme ever invented. We have been trained to accept it as the ONLY solution, and we have become a lazy nation of excess and wasteful consumption. Every war we have been in since the Federal Reserve was installed has been a war of profit and resources... NOT FREEDOM!
- Vikings retreat on Peterson after sponsors, media erupt Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Watch ISIS’s Hollywood movie trailer goading U.S. to again invade Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA whistleblower: IG “softened” report on veteran deaths Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- LA Senate poll: Landrieu stuck in the mid-40′s, undecideds strongly disapprove of Obama Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Luis Gutierrez: I have a duty to protect America, which is why I can’t support a border security bill Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Iowa’s Joni Ernst isn’t out yet: New poll shows her with a majority support Noah Rothman 4 hours ago