Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
We are a country of "CONSUMERS" required to participate in this system that rewards the ultra weathy, or else our economy collapses. If we participate, we stay on the treadmill of debt! It is that simple. Understanding the FIAT currency system we are in makes it easy to understand the peril we are now in. Money backed by nothing, printed with debt attached and no way to ever get out of debt is the biggest ponzi scheme ever invented. We have been trained to accept it as the ONLY solution, and we have become a lazy nation of excess and wasteful consumption. Every war we have been in since the Federal Reserve was installed has been a war of profit and resources... NOT FREEDOM!
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago