Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
I will never understand the alternative universe Rachel and UBER conservatives live in! You have been BRAINWASHED to believe that it is poor people and RADICAL liberals that is tanking this country, and the economy. Fortunately for Rachel, her base is not the kind that do their own research, or they would hopefuly never listen to her drivel. If you want to know what is TRULY wrong with this country, using the words "Liberal", "Conservative", Republican", "Democrat" is not even in the discussion. The problem in this country is who really runs this country! The CORPORATIONS... We were hijacked 100 years ago...The Federal Reserve, the Bankers and the Corporations with the brainchild of Edward Bernays' "Public Relations" revelation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago