Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
I will never understand the alternative universe Rachel and UBER conservatives live in! You have been BRAINWASHED to believe that it is poor people and RADICAL liberals that is tanking this country, and the economy. Fortunately for Rachel, her base is not the kind that do their own research, or they would hopefuly never listen to her drivel. If you want to know what is TRULY wrong with this country, using the words "Liberal", "Conservative", Republican", "Democrat" is not even in the discussion. The problem in this country is who really runs this country! The CORPORATIONS... We were hijacked 100 years ago...The Federal Reserve, the Bankers and the Corporations with the brainchild of Edward Bernays' "Public Relations" revelation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago