I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
SCLiberal Just a reminder During Reagan's seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.
- VA offices in Baltimore and Philadelphia hid claims, mail Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Hamas spox: ‘We are leading our people to death’… er, confrontation… yeah, that’s it Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dems to Obama: Don’t stand so close to me Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bowe Bergdahl returning to active duty this week Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Democratic Colorado governor exalts Obama’s pool game, is not helping Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Begich: Hey, I’m a thorn in Obama’s … whatever Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago