The incorrect part of Mr. B's article is "the ENTIRE book of the Bible..." - many, many, Christians are dispensational and understand we are NOT living under ANY part of the Law. Our 'marching orders' for THIS current dispensation are written in the Pauline epistles - ALL of scripture is FOR us, just not TO us. This is why we are often at odds with other Christians in many matters, immigration being one of them.
On Wednesday evening former Secretary of State Condi Rice picked a fight with a large and vocal section of the Republican base, and I’m glad she did. This confrontation is long overdue. Zero-tolerance law-and-order rhetoric about the immigration issue has become the standard for talk radio and other conservative circles, and I think that this fact puts much of the conservative movement at odds with two of its most important foundations: a view of compassion derived from the Biblical tradition, and a commitment to economic freedom and limited government as an optimistic upward path to prosperity.
Here’s what she said:...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 20 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 21 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 22 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 22 hours ago