On Monday evening Mitt Romney cancelled all campaign events through today and is even holding a distaster relief event in Ohio to help those who were crushed by Hurricane Sandy last night. President Obama also cancelled campaign events and White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Air Force one that this "wasn't a time for politics" and that people should focus on responding to the storm. But, Hurricane Sandy wasn't going to stop First Lady Michelle Obama from playing politics yesterday. She sent the following email to supporters in North Carolina and Virginia.
From: Michelle Obama
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago