7. Teach our kids about the acts of heroes in times of crisis. Tell them about Newtown teacher Vicki Soto's self-sacrifice and bravery. Tell them about Clackamas mall shopper Nick Meli, a concealed-carry permit-holder whose quick action may have prevented additional deaths. Tell them about Family Research Council security...
In response to:
No, I think we need to act like the libs when these tradgedies happen. Let's confisgate all guns everywhere in the world. Let's stop all people from drinking 32 oz. of soda. Let's get rid of God in all schools and everywhere else. Let's live in an antiseptic society where everyone loves each other, smokes dope all day, has 1.3 million abortions per year, spends money that we don't have etc. etc.
These simple common-sense steps are adapted from a post I published on my blog after the horrific Newtown, Conn., massacre. Our hearts ache, but we are not completely helpless or hopeless in the face of evil and the unknown. And we are not alone. This Christmas, cherish life, keep faith and practice self-empowerment.
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 12 hours ago