7. Teach our kids about the acts of heroes in times of crisis. Tell them about Newtown teacher Vicki Soto's self-sacrifice and bravery. Tell them about Clackamas mall shopper Nick Meli, a concealed-carry permit-holder whose quick action may have prevented additional deaths. Tell them about Family Research Council security...
In response to:
No, I think we need to act like the libs when these tradgedies happen. Let's confisgate all guns everywhere in the world. Let's stop all people from drinking 32 oz. of soda. Let's get rid of God in all schools and everywhere else. Let's live in an antiseptic society where everyone loves each other, smokes dope all day, has 1.3 million abortions per year, spends money that we don't have etc. etc.
These simple common-sense steps are adapted from a post I published on my blog after the horrific Newtown, Conn., massacre. Our hearts ache, but we are not completely helpless or hopeless in the face of evil and the unknown. And we are not alone. This Christmas, cherish life, keep faith and practice self-empowerment.
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 36 mins ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pence: Cheer up — we’re winning! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago