The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
These conservatard morons are stuck in the 1950's. Their still scared of a Communist takeover.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 7 hours ago