A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
..have done it in his 1st term and tried but was thwarted on Hillary Care and huge tax increases and the other day I watched a replay of a debate in 92 with Perot, Clinton and GHWB and the same catch phrases were in play - the top 1%, the wealthy need to pay more, the need for greater government involvement etc. This has been brewing for many years and decades but this last 20 has seen it accelerate at warp speed. GHWB had his "Kind Gentler Nation" and GWB his "Compassionate Conservatism" all euphemisms for "the lefts way' is really best and conservatism really isnt- GWB and GHWB just wanted a slower pace while BJ and Obama wanted and are getting what they came for.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 7 hours ago