A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
..have done it in his 1st term and tried but was thwarted on Hillary Care and huge tax increases and the other day I watched a replay of a debate in 92 with Perot, Clinton and GHWB and the same catch phrases were in play - the top 1%, the wealthy need to pay more, the need for greater government involvement etc. This has been brewing for many years and decades but this last 20 has seen it accelerate at warp speed. GHWB had his "Kind Gentler Nation" and GWB his "Compassionate Conservatism" all euphemisms for "the lefts way' is really best and conservatism really isnt- GWB and GHWB just wanted a slower pace while BJ and Obama wanted and are getting what they came for.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago