A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
Very accurate respresentation of our current state of affairs. But I must say my first inclination of this was in 1992 when BJ won. I saw GHWB look at his watch and sigh- as though he just really didnt have much time for all of this. It was as if he was saying: I have had enough, the Reagan era is over and I must be moving along. I have seen it daily since. An avalanche of liars, deceivers and anti American haters who sack every decent thing this country has ever done. They mock our founders, reframe our history and demand a transformation. Clinton, GWB and Obama - all three of these were preceded by the demise of GHWB and have laid claim to the largest amount of money being spent in our history in the shortest possible time. Clinton would
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014