It isn't every day that three men with such disparate ideological profiles find common cause, let alone on a high-profile issue that has been roiling American politics for years. But there they were at Boston's Seaport Hotel one evening last week,...
I wonder if Mr. Jacoby just doesn't believe the cost estimates of illegal immigration or if he just doesn't differentiate between illegal and legal immigrants. I know he is rightfully behind the use of English but does he not see that massive immigration leads to less use of the English language and less need for "immigrants" to get by without learning it? Yes, reform immigration but in the meantime enforce the law so that there aren't too many to assimilate and there aren't too many who are ultimately a drain on American taxpayers.
Michael Bloomberg, the independent mayor of New York City, is no one's idea of a hardline Republican conservative. Media titan Rupert Murdoch, whose empire includes Fox News and The Wall Street Journal, is no one's idea of a squishy Republican moderate. And Boston Mayor Thomas Menino, a lifelong Democrat, is no one's idea of a Republican at all.
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 40 mins ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 4 hours ago