It was a scene that immediately put every American into one of two groups: those heartened by the throngs of illegal immigrants thirsting to stay in this country, and those appalled. It also framed a choice for...
This program is ripe for fraud. Neither Chapman nor the government really knows the story of each illegal immigrant applying for this amnesty. Plus, it's not fair to those immigrants of all ages who strive to come to the US legally. And, it's a reward for the parents who brought the children here illegally. While we can certainly make some exceptions, the emphasis should be on making it so illegal immigrants go back to their homelands rather than making them legal. (i.e. no ability to get jobs and no government assistance except emergency care.) We should first and primarily look after American citizens (and our sovereignty and culture), not illegal immigrants, regardless of their age or how they got here.
When you hear of people in Chicago sleeping on the sidewalk to be first in line in the morning, you may figure they are hoping to snag tickets for Lady Gaga or a Cubs World Series. But those were not the explanation Wednesday when thousands lined up at Navy Pier. They didn't want to get something. They wanted to avoid getting something: a deportation order.
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago