The United States would appear to have entered a new trend for new jobless claims, one characterized by outliers and volatility. Our chart below showing the residual distribution of the number of new jobless claims filed each week shows just how far off from normal things have become since 22 September 2012, which we're marking as the end of the previous trend.
In fact, the data is so volatile right now that we're not able to accurately determine what the real trend in new jobless claims might be. For that, we'll need anywhere from six...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 11 hours ago