A few days after the election of 2012 the very talented Michael Ramirez published a political cartoon that perhaps conveyed a more profound meaning than he anticipated. He depicted a pair of hands extending from star-studded sleeves (presumably from a mendicant Uncle Sam), which were held in supplication, as though waiting for a handout or petitioning voters to relinquish more of their earnings to the federal government. There’s another way of interpreting this image, however; the hands appeared not only pathetic and a bit contemptible, but also aged and withered, as though belonging to an old man. In which case,...
In practice and in political formation it is the height of the love of self over concern for the greater good.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 5 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago