Those critics have less influence all the time. Some 18 states permit medical use of marijuana, and in November, Colorado and Washington voted to allow recreational use. Nationally, support for legalization is steadily rising. A decade ago, one of every three Americans favored the idea. Today, nearly half do -- and among those under 50, a large...
Paulus: there is PHYSICAL addictions and there are PSYCHOLOGICAL addictions. Don't confuse the two. In the early 1970's I was psychologically addicted to mrijuana. Matthew, I don't recall addressing the issue of legalization or prohibition of marijuana.
As recreational drugs go, marijuana is relatively benign. Unlike alcohol, it doesn't stimulate violence or destroy livers. Unlike tobacco, it doesn't cause lung cancer and heart disease. The worst you can say is that it produces intense, unreasoning panic. Not in users, but in critics.
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 33 mins ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Disaster: 130,000 refugees flee ISIS, cross into Turkey Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 16 hours ago