Several smart columnists and respected conservative editorial pieces tell us that a major silver lining in the crisis deal just concluded is that by agreeing not to reinstitute the Clinton tax rates (and leave the Bush rates in place) for all but the "wealthy" (income of $400,000 for single filers and $450,000 for marrieds), Obama and the Democrats made a major concession. They argue that if Democrats couldn't do better after...
I hate to break it to those deniers who believe that President Obama's tax-guzzling capacity has somehow been diminished by the fiscal cliff provision to fix "permanent" tax rates. You're dreaming.
- Organizing for Action asks WaPo to recognize its work, with hilarious results Mary Katharine Ham 41 minutes ago
- S.E. Cupp: It’s a myth that conservatism is hostile to atheism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Chuck Todd: Democrats and Republicans should be embarrassed by this impeachment nonsense Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- GAO investigation: Why, yes, the Healthcare.gov disaster was the result of terrible government management Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rand Paul calls out MSNBC… on MSNBC Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ted Cruz meeting with House conservatives to try to block Boehner’s border crisis bill Allahpundit 4 hours ago