Thank you. I think it a mistake to deify ANY human being, regardless of accomplishments or character. It obscures their flaws and does not permit objective evaluations.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: President shops at Gap same day his party loses bellwether election in swing state Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ve lasted some 400 years operating under the Constitution… Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Sebelius: Why, no, we have no idea who’s paid for their ObamaCare plans Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Tesla: Chris Christie’s administration just blocked us from selling our cars in New Jersey Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Obama to Putin: It’s not too late to rethink this Crimea thing, you know Allahpundit 6 hours ago