Thank you. I think it a mistake to deify ANY human being, regardless of accomplishments or character. It obscures their flaws and does not permit objective evaluations.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Rand Paul on abortion: “We’re not changing any of the laws until the country is persuaded otherwise” Allahpundit 50 minutes ago
- Video: Feds bust prep-school drug ring Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Has al-Qaeda taken over a secret US base in Libya? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NYT poll shows Pryor up 10 in Arkansas Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Lavrov: Russia will respond in Ukraine if interests “attacked” … like we did in 2008 Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WaPo columnist: Home ownership is a lousy investment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago