Thank you. I think it a mistake to deify ANY human being, regardless of accomplishments or character. It obscures their flaws and does not permit objective evaluations.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- NY Daily News cover blasts Obama for vacation return after Foley murder Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 4 hours ago