Thank you. I think it a mistake to deify ANY human being, regardless of accomplishments or character. It obscures their flaws and does not permit objective evaluations.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Will 2014 be the year that Jews support the GOP? Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Flashpoint Hong Kong: China rules out democracy for the former British territory Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Your tax dollars at work: PBS to air pro-abortion “After Tiller” movie tomorrow Dustin Siggins 16 hours ago
- NFL Regular Season open thread Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Et tu, Di Fi? Feinstein sours on Obama’s ‘too cautious’ approach to ISIS Noah Rothman 19 hours ago