Thank you. I think it a mistake to deify ANY human being, regardless of accomplishments or character. It obscures their flaws and does not permit objective evaluations.
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" has been a box-office hit and nominated for 12 Academy Awards, including best picture, best director and best actor for Daniel Day-Lewis, who portrayed our 16th president. I haven't seen the movie; therefore, this column is not about the movie but about a man deified by many. My colleague Thomas DiLorenzo, economics professor at Loyola University Maryland, exposed some of the Lincoln myth in his 2006 book, "Lincoln Unmasked." Now comes Joseph Fallon, cultural intelligence analyst and former U.S. Army Intelligence Center instructor, with his new e-book, "Lincoln Uncensored." Fallon's book examines 10 volumes of collected writings and...
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 39 minutes ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Enjoy Sec. Donald Rumsfeld’s Tax Day letter to the IRS Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Is the wind lobby’s most precious subsidy finally losing steam in Congress? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago