As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
No, it's not my lack of faith that's evident; it's just that there are some reasons why God acts that are not so easily fit into a short column. It is, unfortunately a tendency in American Christianity to paint God as a sort of Santa Claus or, as the atheists like to call Him, a "sky-daddy" who is always looking out for our good and never does anything that might upset our Western sensibilities. We forget sometimes that God is also a God of Judgement.
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 6 mins ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 12 hours ago